Friday, May 8, 2009

My creation is a tribute to Mondrian: Wendell Rodricks


Designer Wendell Rodricks, who unveiled his collection at the fashion week here, says he is so influenced by legendary Wendell Rodricks

Dutch painter Pieter Cornelis Mondrian that he is sleeping with Mondrian's designs in mind.

"I am sleeping with Mondrian in my head for months before finally coming up with my new collection based on his works of unique geometric abstraction where all curved lines are eliminated. My creations are a tribute to him," Rodricks told IANS.

He showcased his latest collection The Mondrian Minimalist at the first Kolkata Fashion Week here Thursday.

"Mondrian used all primary colours like red, blue and yellow for his painting. But I decided to do it my way, using my signature black and white for the fabric, while keeping the primary colours for the accessories and shoes," he said.

Rodricks said this is the first time the entire collection is being showcased in a fashion show.

"I showed 19 pieces out of 40 of The Mondrian Minimalist collection at the recently held Delhi Fashion Week. This is the fist time the entire collection is being showcased here."

The collection will be available at Westside stores across India by April-end.

On his next collection, Rodricks said: "I am working on knits and jerseys. In fact, I am doing certain experiments with the concept that has never been tried in the fashion industry." 

(Source)

0 comments on "My creation is a tribute to Mondrian: Wendell Rodricks"

Followers

 

About Me

My photo
Hi, Thanx for our visit.
free counters

Women's Era Copyright 2009 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipietoon Image by Tadpole's Notez