Women hate rejection. Its one thing for a man to be rejected, but let’s face it: for females it’s a much less frequent occurrence, making it all the more horrific when it happens. There are of course non confrontational ways to approach or pick up men, such as going speed dating, or giving online dating a try. Though they offer less pressure, no matter how you play it, there will inevitably be some threat of potential rejection at some point.
Unfortunately, rejection is a part of life.
Fortunately, much of it can be avoided.
If you pay attention to body language and other behaviors, you can begin to develop a sixth sense for picking up any romantic interest directed your way. Learning to read the cues of a person interested in you will lower your rejection rate, and improve your dating stats.
Male or female, singles are most often far too indirect or shy in directing their romantic interest. We often send mixed messages because we have no idea what is going on in our own heads, let alone in someone else’s. What’s needed is a clear set of cues that let you know when a guy is interested.
Signs He Is Interested:
- He’s everywhere: Have you ever met someone, and all the sudden you are seeing him everywhere? Chances are he liked you. When a guy likes you, he will do everything he can to get you to notice him. Whether it’s stopping by because he was “in the neighborhood” or calling because he forgot some miniscule detail you talked about, a guy who likes you will manage to appear as often as possible in an attempt to gage your opinion of him.
- He mimics you. Studies show that when you are attracted to someone, you begin to pick up similar habits, mannerisms, and vocabulary. Kind of creepy, kind of cute, remember that imitation is the greatest form of flattery. If you notice him using your catch phrase, giving the same facial gestures, or using your jokes, chances are he’s into you.
- He shares his personal space. Men are notoriously territorial. Typically, they need at least a shoulder width between them and anyone they interact with. If you notice him letting you get closer than that, by his own choice, it’s a sign that he is interested in letting you get closer to him.
- He makes eye contact with you. Eye contact is important for gauging honesty and trust in another person. Remember, eyes are the window to the soul, and if he has no problem in meeting and holding your gaze, chances are he’s honestly into you. It’s also a mild challenge, challenging you to try him out both romantically and sexually.
- He listens. Men generally do not like to discuss the ins and outs of most things if they don’t have to. More direct than women, men use what is called “report” talk versus the “rapport” talk of women. So if you notice he is listening to you (actually listening, and providing poignant feedback) you can bet that he is interested in you. Trust me, a man wouldn’t listen to you go on about the new season’s hottest accessories if he wasn’t.